Our Infrastructure and Operations Team is adding an Operations Manager into the mix! This Manager will work closely with counterparts in the I&O space to ensure we run fast, clean and safe. The purpose of this job is to direct a team of IT professionals in the planning, design, development and operation of data networks, communication services, and systems required to deliver necessary features, performance, and availability to support business activities. This position will provide operational and technical management of application and systems. This role exists to collaborate closely with IT applications program teams and business partners to align team goals with overall company strategy and goals while ensuring systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages information technology and computer systems resources and maximizes the organization's effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversees infrastructure and systems functionality to confirm that systems meet the needs of individuals and projects.
- Evaluates overall IT operations to ensure optimum service delivery for both on-premise and cloud-hosted platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Collaborates with IT Operations team to further system efficiencies for improved operational delivery.
- Participates with Infrastructure &Operations (I&O) team to recommend suitable technology infrastructure solutions and updates to IT teams to develop long-term and short-term planning.
- Monitors all systems and networking infrastructure.
- Oversees Network Operations Center, both performance, scope, and scheduling.
- Participates with Manager Infrastructure and Client Services Manager for rotating major incident oversight.
- Collaborates with the ITSM team for change, incident, release and CMDB ongoing efforts.
- Contributes to I&O Continuous Service Improvement goals by identifying, documenting, and executing CSI plans to improve operations.
- Manages resource availability to continuously support the business through sustained operations.
- Identifies areas for improvement, develops improvement program and monitors the implementation to increase process efficiency.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Recommends information technology policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- At regular intervals, tests and validates disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Adheres to and enforces corporate security policies.
- Acts in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational goals.
- Manages internal systems cost models that coincide with a public or hybrid cloud-based subscription model.
Oversees all planning and organizing for multiple projects. Partners with business and IT team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities.
- Gather facts in the analysis of project feasibility and the determination of informational requirements of the business.
- Develops and implements long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the team.
- Develops an annual budget and operating plan to support the team and department.
- Develops evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the team and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develops funding proposals to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Ensures that team activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Monitors performance of project delivery to ensure alignment to the approved business case, design, and committed timeline.
Develops and leads a team of Information Technology professionals.
- Provides daily direction to IT team. Communicates Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to direct and indirect reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with IT Leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire assigned IT team is engaged and that leadership practices for the department encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Establishes and holds team accountable to and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding, and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the assigned IT team members and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for assigned IT team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages assigned IT budget, technology and other resources, workload, and customer requests for IT services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises employees within the IT team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field required. Minimum 5 years' experience in managing and leading IT Engineering, Administration, Operations and/or IT Support teams. Minimum 10 years of general IT-related job experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Professional experience with managing business processes, people management, budgeting, and business office operations. Proven experience in IT operations strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development. Strong understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards. Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management and optimization. Demonstrated knowledge of SaaS, cloud technologies and DevOps processes required. Detail-oriented, strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude. Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks at once. Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders.
This position maps to the Manager level competencies. Additional competencies required: none.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.