Our Infrastructure and Operations team is seeking Systems Administrator to contribute to the support and execution of server administration tasks. This is a great position to develop skills in systems administration and associated security awareness. The purpose of this job is to ensure that ICW Group's computing environment and infrastructure technologies are properly administered and maintained in support of the company's computer operations. This role exists to define procedures for monitoring, evaluating, diagnosing and establishing a work plan to resolve system issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administers, maintains and upgrades computing systems.
- Deploys and installs new software releases and system upgrades.
- Evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains and monitors system configuration.
- Provides 2nd and 3rd Tier technical support and problem resolution.
- Implements and maintains current and future ICW Group computing technologies.
- Administers the maintenance of account management processes using Active Directory, LAN based user application systems, enterprise messaging and collaboration technologies, and enterprise data storage environment where applicable.
Defines procedures for monitoring, evaluating, diagnosing and establishing a work plan to resolve system issues.
- Assists in the research, development, and testing of new computing technologies in support of ICW Group business operations.
- Implements and maintains Configuration Management practices and documentation for all hardware, operating systems, and application software systems.
- Maintains a systems business impact assessment to be used for emergency recovery purposes.
Troubleshoots and supports internal teams.
- Provides 2nd Tier technical support and problem resolution.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Applies revisions to host system firmware and software.
- Partners with business and other IT teams to implement a systems business impact assessment.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university: Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree, preferred. Minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Microsoft MCSE certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to find solutions and root causes using a variety of resources and logical thinking. Possesses knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services). Advanced skill in light scripting and troubleshooting. Understanding of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure and troubleshoot systems, and continuously optimize system performance. Utilizes knowledge of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot systems, and continuously optimize system performance. Experience as a System Administrator or Helpdesk supporting a 500+ user environment working in a virtual environment, specifically with VMware ESX and in a Co-location environment. Ability to administer, support and sustain Microsoft based enterprise applications, systems, and Enterprise Backup and Recovery systems including Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation, configuration, orchestration or scheduling systems, preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Ability to work overtime and on nights and weekends, as needed. Requires ability to take part in on-call rotations.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: none.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.