Claims Attorney and Manager
Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 26 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 7 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Greenville, OH, Glen Allen, VA, and Sheboygan Falls, WI.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans over 130 years. Donegal's strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of 'A' (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation's leading insurance rating organization.
The Database Analyst will act as a liaison between core business units, the Data Architects, Report Developers, and ETL Coders to translate user requirements into high-level system specifications. Document systems and create technical mapping for ETL development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather, analyze and document user needs and requirements and assists technical staff in translating the requirements into systems specifications
- Assist in facilitating and formulating a solutions path Develop specifications/mappings for updates and future integrations for ETL and Reporting purposes
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Participate in project status meetings including documenting and distributing meeting minutes
- Conduct post-implementation and routine proactive follow-up with business units to ensure a quality product and high level of functionality is achieved
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of database analyst or technical writing experience or equivalent educational skillset
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Previous data warehouse experience preferred
- Previous insurance related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Guidewire Insurance Applications.
Donegal Insurance Group offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent positions. Learn more about our benefit offerings by visiting our Benefits page.