Director of Infrastructure and IT Operations
e-TeleQuote has an immediate need for a Director of Infrastructure & IT Operations to play an integral role in our rapid growth. Through the development of strategies and day-to-day operations of infrastructure, data center, cloud operations, end-user services, field IT support and service management, this position will be a significant contributor to the overall success during this period and beyond. Ability to successfully lead a team and collaborate across IT functions is vital for this position. If you are an experienced and dynamic IT leader with a desire to work for a great company, apply now!
Preference will be given to local candidates (no relocation assistance available).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and prioritize IT initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future systems as well as associated operational functions.
- Develop proactive operating estimates and long-range forecasts for business planning purposes involving software, hardware, staffing levels, service levels, and expenditures for area(s) of responsibility.
- Accountable for all production systems and environments, including responsibility for the overall enterprise-wide effectiveness and efficiency of data center (on premise and cloud) technology systems and networks to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and reliability (internal and external).
- Lead IT operations staff to ensure deadlines, risks, constraints, resources, tasks, priorities and interfaces are understood and communicated.
- Define and document processes for system-level changes as well as the associated review process.
- Responsible for IT vendor relationship management.
- Support negotiation of vendor agreements from all elements related to service and IT needs, including hardware, bandwidth, co-location facilities, and third-party software vendors.
- Ensure team is sufficiently skilled and experienced to perform tasks through continual assessment of performance and taking action to coach, correct or improve where required.
- Coach and develop IT operations team members; address performance concerns and provide feedback.
- Ensure information security standards are met across all IT applications; ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Assess and manage IT risk, conduct regular vulnerability and independent risk assessments.
- Maintain solid understanding of and experience with security control frameworks.
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery plans meet acceptable business risk levels.
- Communicate data-management processes and protocols to all functional teams.
- Understand operational model for each cloud provider including provisioning, de-provisioning, scaling, billing and all optional services.
- Continuously evaluate and upgrade security compliance with HITRUST, GDPR and PHI regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- 5-7 years' experience managing people required
- Minimum 10 years of overall network service experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership position
- 7+ years' experience operating/managing virtualized infrastructure
- Experience implementing and tracking service level and metrics reporting
- Experience developing and streamlining processes
- Prior experience providing IT support and leading a U.S. and offshore team
- Solid understanding of business to consumer markets and knowledge of changing technologies.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and handles adversarial and sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Fosters synergy between IT teams and works effectively in and across matrixed organization.
- Inspiring, results driven, motivating and strategic leader.
- Project / program management and the ability to work on projects that range in size, complexity and duration.
- Strong Communications skills: Written, Oral and through Presentation materials.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of and experience managing a virtualized cloud-based infrastructure.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, mobile phones, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, push, pull, stoop, kneel, reach, use hands to finger/handle/feel, and life or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.