Manager of Workforce Management
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
A department leadership position responsible for representing multiple business areas with high and/or varying degrees of complexity. This includes local direct reporting relationships, virtual and vendor leadership/management, to achieve optimum business results, and expense control, while maximizing the department's contributions to the Allstate Corporation. Responsible for representing the business area in strategic planning activities with senior leadershipJob Responsibilities
- Manages multiple front-line leaders by providing appropriate direction, coordinating department activities, monitoring employee and department performance, formulating and implementing action plans.
- Creates/insures plans for professional growth/career-pathing of others.
- Values and respects diverse backgrounds and perspectives; provides an environment for professional growth of individuals regardless of diversity.
- Provides honest performance feedback while encouraging adaptation to changing business objectives.
- Measures work requirements, employee potential, and recommends staffing.
- Recommends promotions and terminations--approves new hires and merit increases.
- Recognizes all individual/team contributions and encourages celebration of accomplishments.
- Career counsels with manager/staff level employees and evaluates and administers employee performance management.
- Assigns key responsibilities to managers/staff and establishes/communicates performance standards.
- Provides training, including cross functional skill-based, for all employees, which encourages creativity, imagination, discovery, and participation.
- Establishes strategic education/training plans and goals for department and works in conjunction with Education Manager to identify management development needs.
- Formulates and monitors annual people/financial plan based upon the cost management guidelines
- 5-10 years experience leading teams within Allstate.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in related field preferred
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation and mission of the specific department.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
The salary range for this position is $91,800 - $159,300. Offer will be based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.