Claims Supervisor- Total Loss
Claims Supervisor- Total Loss
Hallmark Financial is a specialty property and casualty insurance holding company with a diversified portfolio of insurance products written on a national platform. With six insurance subsidiaries and offices in Dallas, San Antonio, Chicago, Jersey City and Atlanta, Hallmark Financial markets, underwrites and services over $650 million annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark Financial is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
The Claim Supervisor will manage a Material Damage Team consisting of 6-8 Total Loss Adjusters and an Asset Coordinator. Primary responsibilities include managing the Total Loss Adjusters and Asset Coordinator to established claim procedures, processes including best practices and KPIs; as well as managing daily workflow and handling of all claims within the unit. Provide management oversight including conducting file quality audits and salvage reviews/audits, ensuring timeliness, best practices and KPI's are met by the team. Assist in training of existing and new team members, managing personnel issues and conducting quarterly/annual performance evaluations.
- Ensure timeliness and KPI's are being met by the MD team
- Conduct quality audits
- Mentoring and training of personnel
- Provide direction and oversight to staff regarding claim resolution strategies
- Conduct bi-weekly/monthly unit meetings
- Provide reserve and payment authority pursuant to the company's established guidelines
- Attend management meetings as required
- Research and settle escalated issues including DOI complaints
- Back up other supervisors as needed
- Reporting on KPI's, timeliness and other goals
- Ensure unit stays current on changes in salvaging and titling laws
- Monitor salvage sales and proceeds to ensure fullest recovery potential is realized
- Monitor and balance workload
- Performance management of direct reports
- Manage and monitor vendors performance
- Ensure compliance with state and regulatory insurance codes/laws
- Attend and participate various senior claims management meetings
- Provide monthly vendor KPIs to the senior claims management team and CCO
- Maintain and utilize the Hallmark Vendor databases and Guidelines
- Maintain appropriate state adjuster licenses; and maintain annual required CE credits
- Decisive and purposeful
- Strong moral character and work ethic
- Independent and self starting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Shows initiative, exhibits a “can do” attitude, and provide ideas while working within a team environment
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and sound judgement
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Problem solver with ability to review processes and determine opportunities for improvement
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Insurance Certification, Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience or prior team lead/ leadership roles
- Must have a good understanding of the entire Material Damage/ Total Loss processes
- Minimum of 10 years experience as an Adjuster.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demostrated proficiency of technology including, Microsoft Suite Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), estimatic and total loss software, vendor databases, and web-enabled applications
- Knowledge of state and regulatory codes and laws
- Current Adjuster's License