CorVel in Denver, CO is seeking a full time Bill Review Analyst. The Bill Review Analyst is responsible for review, auditing and data-entry of medical bills for multiple states and lines of business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for auditing medical bills to ensure that they are appropriate and adhere to the State Fee Schedules, customer guidelines and PPO discounts as designated in the states of ID, MT, CO, UT, and NM.
- Position requires knowledge of the Fee Schedule and the operation of the computer terminal
- May consult reference materials in the auditing process
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Based upon situation or state specific issues meet 98% accuracy, 10,000+ keystrokes per hour
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, workers' compensation billing guidelines and fee schedules
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD/HCPS coding
- Knowledge of UBO4/DWC-9/DWC-10 and CMS 1500 form types preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Able to identify problems and find creative, effective solutions.
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of data entry experience
- Experience with Workers' Compensation Medical Bill Review preferred in CO
- CPC or CPC-A
- CO hourly range $14.48 to $20.26