Reporting and Insights Analyst (Remote-Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The People Analytics Reporting and Insights Consultant is responsible for using data, analytics, and a strong understanding of the business and HR functions to provide human capital insights to clients. This role translates business and talent challenges into analytic problems and uses a variety of methods to create fact-based recommendations to influence solutions and drive action. Insights are delivered through various methods and intuitive visualizations (data files, reports, charts, graphs, scorecards) enabling the client to use storytelling to communicate the results with their key stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
- Leverage analytical and functional expertise along with a deep understating of HR data and people processes, to design, develop and deliver intuitive human capital tools (reports, scorecards, presentations, analyses) that provide insights to talent decision makers (HRBPs, COEs, business leaders) that drive action.
- Collaborate with client to translate and analyze complex problems of an ambiguous nature and recommend solutions that apply knowledge of relevant internal and external trends, inclusive of labor markets/talent segments.
- Work independently to manage end-user expectations and provide accurate, timely solutions utilizing intuitive visualizations that contain insights and recommendations (when appropriate) that influence and advance the development of talent strategies.
- Develop a One Allstate “talent health” perspective based on organizational objectives that aligns HR and business leadership on the strengths and opportunities within our workforce.
- Use data, technology, business knowledge and statistics to build automation for reporting functionality, operational improvements and to streamline quality controls
- Examine and provide evaluation of data methodology to ensure data strategy is aligned with the people analytics reporting strategy, creating a feedback loop to the Data Strategy Expert.
- Provides business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues in their focused area of the business
- Analyzes and translates business, data, functional, and user requirements and/or business rules into analytic and reporting requirements, data models and metadata deliverables
- Produces consistent, accurate and complete data requirements and definitions
- Participates in information gathering sessions
- Constructs and executes simple to moderate SQL queries and review data profiling results to discover semantics, patterns and value domains of data under analysis for projects of low to moderate complexity
- Performs simple data analysis to determine, document and communicate existing data relationships, profiles and quality levels; uncover anomalies and variances in data content from expected results
- Updates and maintains simple logical (conceptual, relational, subject-level and dimensional) data models and other metadata deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality for a specific business subject area
- Participates in inspection sessions to validate that modeled data and related metadata deliverables match and satisfy business data requirements
- Participates in reviews of physical data model and related technical detail with database administrators and technical developers as part of a single project's development life cycle
- Understands and applies the corporate metadata development tools and processes
- Assists with project initiation, planning and estimation for new projects for a specific area of a business AoR
- Assists in the development of an approach to data management for a specific unit(s) of a business AoR
- Demonstrates knowledge of tools and processes required to drive data management
- Contributes to the creation of technical requirements through analyzing business and functional requirements
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with self-service vended analytics platforms such as Crunchr or Visier
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
- Experience (1-3yr) of data querying, cleansing, manipulation, and modeling
- Experience (1-3yr) with conducting descriptive statistics and exploratory data analysis (univariate, bivariate, distribution, correlation, histogram, scatter, box plots, trend lines, text mining)
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (ex: SUMIF, vlookup/hlookup, conditional formatting, pivot tables, if)
- Experience with relational databases and data warehouses (SAP, Hadoop)
- Knowledge of data management and data visualization software (Hadoop, Tableau, SQL)
- Intermediate analytical skills including and experience using statistical analysis methods and sof
- Intermediate business communication, presentation and writing skills; ability to effectively display quantitative and qualitative information using intuitive visualization techniques.
- Ability to apply business acumen in collaborative research of human capital issues with HR professionals and internal stakeholders ranging from officer-level executives to HR generalists.
- Intermediate project management skills including personal time management skills that allow the individual to manage multiple projects, prioritize and organize work, including the work of others.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software; advanced knowledge of Excel.
The minimum salary for this position is $56,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.Compensation Data
Compensation range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.