Lead Mobile iOS Software Engineer-REMOTE
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate is currently looking to hire experienced Mobile Application Developers to join our expanding Mobile Technology Center of Excellence. The Application Developers will be responsible for the development, testing, and implementation of innovative customer-facing mobile applications for iOS devices.
- Develop and implement mobile application solutions for IOS mobile devices.
- Participates and contributes to all phases in building new digital products, including programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review, and deployment planning.
- Responsible for application stability and performance in production, achieving KPIs.
- Work in an agile (Scrum) development environment, fully participating in scrum ceremonies (standups, grooming, retrospectives, demos).
- Leads and participates in daily scrum cross-site ceremonies and product owner communications.
- Production monitoring and support as needed.
- Provide expertise on mobile iOS current standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Partner closely with product owner to define technical requirements.
- Provides estimates for the work plan.
- Assists in producing and executes on well-documented technical designs.
- Advises on best practices for mobile UI and application design for the iOS platform.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Professional 4+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for iPhone / iOS.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required.
- 2+ years Swift experience, proficiency using Xcode IDE required.
- GIT, Jenkins experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must remain up to date on Apple development standards.
- Proficiency in profile provisioning and certificate management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.)
- Strong knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions.
- Strong knowledge of Test Driven Development standards and practices.
- Insurance or financial industry experience a plus.
The salary range for this position is $110,000/yr-$132,000/yr
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and skills required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.