Lead Insurance Agent (2477)
Responsible for the customer satisfaction, profitable growth, and attainment of sales goals in assigned store and associated market area. Grow and retain the current customer base by implementing new business and marketing strategies. Coordinate the activities of store staff in the areas of sales reporting, sales administration, and workforce scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Lead store sales operations including coordinating the sales, marketing and administrative activities of the store staff, and maintaining customer satisfaction levels at or above company average
- Lead by example by demonstrating a positive proactive “can do” attitude in the workplace
- Work with the District Sales Manager and/or Area Sales Manager in the setting, managing, and reporting of sales and marketing metrics/ results
- Assist the District Sales Manager and/or Area Sales Manager in ensuring the staff is appropriately trained in the areas of soft skills, products, services, and industry compliance
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to staff members at assigned location
- Meet and exceed individual and store sales goals through new product sales, cross selling, and retention of current customers
- Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all National General products and services
- Receive customer payments, issue receipts, verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers, and ensure daily deposits are taken to the bank
- Implement marketing programs and initiatives which further the National General's brand in the local market (car dealerships, local events, etc) and build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local businesses
- Monitor key competitors in the local market area and make suggestions on initiatives that could improve National General's position in the marketplace
- Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of successful business-to-consumer sales experience
- Active Property/Casualty and Life Insurance Licensure
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the features and benefits of insurance and other ancillary products to customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Must have current valid US state driver's license and consistent access to a personal vehicle which can be utilized to complete business marketing activities in the local community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of insurance industry experience
- 1+ year of previous supervisory or managerial experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.