SIU PIP Investigator
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate Insurance Company has an exciting opportunity for a SIU PIP Investigator in Farmington Hills, MI!
Allstate Insurance is changing the way the insurance industry looks and we want you to be part of our growing team! Our focus on creating extraordinary customer experiences, establishing connections through technology, and using continuous improvement is transforming how we settle insurance claims. Unexpected events are often unnerving. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers. This is the opportunity you've been looking for to truly impact someone's life! Start your claims professional career today as a Special Investigative Unit Personal Injury Protection Investigator in Farmington Hills, MI and be part of our dynamic team!
A Day in the Life:
- Investigating No Fault claims to detect or deter fraud in accordance with state guidelines and Allstate policies and procedures
- Investigating claims and damages that may result from First Party PIP claims
- Investigations include the analysis of injuries, visiting loss locations, performing background and social media searches, obtaining evidence, interviewing parties and witnesses, verifying policy coverage and limits, reviewing medical notes and bills, and assisting in the evaluation of potentially fraudulent claims.
- Communicate empathetically with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner
- Working both in an office and in the field investigating potentially fraudulent insurance claims
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtually
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed
Since this is a field role, you will also need a driver's license and reliable vehicle.
You must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary.
If offered the role, you may go to one of our regional training centers for training in our state-of-the-art facility within your first two months at Allstate. You will receive ongoing support, mentoring and coaching as you develop your career.
The salary for this position will be based on experience, but starts at $56,000.
The work hours for this position will be 8:00am - 4:30pm EST.
You're a great match for this role if you:
- 2 years of PIP and/or Casualty claims handling experience is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Have previous experience in personal injury protection claim adjusting
- Value providing an effortless customer service experience
- Have a passion for investigation
- Are organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Are known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- Have a bachelor's degree and/or prior customer service experience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) and company-funded pension
- Company Vehicle (vehicle dependent on mileage and area of coverage) (if offered)
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Opportunities for both personal and professional development
- Leadership teams that are communicative and engaged
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.