Claims Manager- Personal Lines
Claims Manager- Personal Lines
Hallmark Financial is a specialty property and casualty insurance holding company with a diversified portfolio of insurance products written on a national platform. With six insurance subsidiaries and offices in Dallas, San Antonio, Chicago, Jersey City and Atlanta, Hallmark Financial markets, underwrites and services over $650 million annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark Financial is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
The claims manager will manage a unit of 4 to 6 fast track claim adjusters responsible for the adjusting of automobile bodily injury, property damage. Primary responsibilities include managing the claim adjusters to established claim procedures, processes including best practices and KPIs; as well as managing daily workflow and handling of all claims within the unit.
Provide management and oversight of bodily injury and property damage claims received at Hallmark Personal Lines. Manage and supervise 4 to 6 claims adjusters. Provide direction and supervision on all claims within the unit. Provide supervision, direction, training and development to the claims adjusters. Assist in training of existing and new claims adjusters; and perform quarterly claims audit of 3 open 3 closed each month / turned in quarterly and assist in the annual performance evaluations.
- Lead and manage a team of 4 to 6 fast track claims adjusters to ensure performance metrics, best practices and KPIs set by the company are met or exceeded on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide direction, leadership and training to the claims adjusters.
- Provide necessary direction and oversight to claims staff regarding coverage, investigations and evaluations on all claim files within the unit.
- Provide direction and oversight regarding claim resolution strategies.
- Manage total losses, salvage and subrogation claims pursuant to established company procedures and processes.
- Conduct weekly and monthly unit meetings with claim adjusters.
- Perform monthly claim file audits as per company's established SOX procedures.
- Complete quarterly and annual reviews/evaluations for claims adjusters.
- Provide reserve and settlement authority to the claims adjusters pursuant to the company's established guidelines or procedures.
- Attend monthly management meetings as required.
- Maintain 100% compliance company's established SOX procedures.
- Attend and participate various senior claims management meetings;
- Maintain and utilize the Hallmark Vendor databases and Guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate state adjuster licenses; and maintain annual required CE credits.
- Complete large loss reports, as required.
- Undertaking of general office administrative duties as required.
- Apprentice under the Enterprise Claims Counsel for Mediation and Trial conferencing.
- Participate in the Enterprise Claim System selection committee.
- Strong moral character and work ethic.
- Independent and self starting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to show initiative, exhibit a “can do” attitude, and provide ideas while working within a team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage a high volume case load.
- Ability to effectively negotiate; and use stated adjuster authority efficiently.
- Ability to simplify, analyze and explain complex coverage and legal issues.
- Ability to be able to review processes and determine opportunities for improvement.
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
Manage employees in the personal lines claim organization. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, mentoring and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience and/or training managing automobile claims.
- 5-7 years of managing or supervising a team of adjusters
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office, Word, Power Point, and Excel expertise.
- Business travel as required.