CorVel Corporation is hiring a Software Engineer to develop best practice solutions that support the movement of data to and from multiple business systems. You will be involved with overseeing all aspects of the development for assigned projects, from gathering and refining requirements all the way through deployment.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing technical projects and working with a software development team as well as a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle. This position is a mix of developing and working with other team members on development of solutions, with an emphasis on best practices and forward-thinking solutions.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
- Learn our business model and understand existing enterprise applications
- Work closely with the project owners and project requestors and users to refine requirements
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control and peer reviews
- Participate in regular meetings with development teams
- Overall 5+ years developing software on the Microsoft stack
- Experience developing Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL including complex queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio in conjunction with C#, ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft Team Services
- Familiarity with ORMs (Entity Framework, nHibernate, Dapper, etc.)
- Good spoken and written communication, analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with build/release processes and continuous integration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Azure – Logic Apps
- Familiarity with ANSI X12 standards (837, 835, 824/277)
- Experience with Dependency Injection and IoC Containers
- Experience with Dapper ORM