State Manager (Senior Manager) - Remote
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The State Manager Senior Manager supports the achievement of profit and growth targets for an assigned state(s) or line(s) of business. Provides leadership for the State Team, develops integrated strategies and makes decisions related to product, pricing and risk management to achieve growth and profit goals.
- Contributes to annual and long-term personal line(s) profit and loss goals for assigned state(s)
- Supports the design and development of product, pricing and risk management strategic initiatives aligning with countrywide standards when possible
- Leads complex analysis of the marketplace, business trends, and competitive position
- Participates in the professional development for state team and direct reports
- Ensures product/pricing/risk management changes are delivered to AOR's for implementation and engagement
- Works across Market Operating Committee's and internal departments (Pricing/Underwriting/Line Management)
- This job has supervisory duties and will typically manage 2 - 7 people.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required, post graduate work/master's degree preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 6+ years of Product or Pricing or Underwriting experience and/or 3+ years of Finance or Economics experience
- Selected candidate will have 3+ years of People Leadership experience
- Participates in the development of strategies to drive profitable market share growth
- Contributes to development strategies and engages with regulators/legislators to positively impacts the business environment.
- Demonstrates advanced product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge and makes adjustment to strategies as warranted
- Provides thought leadership to address diverse and complex situations and drive favorable business outcomes. Integrates with key stakeholders (e.g. Market Operating Committee, Line Management, RMBC, Legal, Claims, etc.)
- Supports development and presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Understanding of HR systems and policies for new and existing employees. Establishes development plans for direct reports
Compensation for this position will be $110,600 to $186,000/year plus AIP bonus. Actual salary offered will depend on selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.