Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will complete intermediate end to end engineering tasks for specific system assignments including developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system design specifications, as well as participating in troubleshooting, conducting impact analysis and escalating appropriately.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design, development, and configuration functions as well as define technical requirements for assignments of intermediate complexity.
- Participate with team to perform analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalate appropriately.
- Work within guidelines set by team to independently tackle well-scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
Preferred License and Certifications
- Salesforce.com certifications such as Certified Administrator, Certified Platform App Builder, Certified Platform Developer I, Certified Platform Developer II.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Salesforce developer (APEX, Aura, LWC) experience.
- Experience working as a team member in an Agile delivery model.
- Experience completing cloud-based implementations through custom development in Salesforce Lightning (Aura, LWC), and Apex, as well as out of the box Salesforce configurations.
Working knowledge of the following:
- CA Agile Manager (Rally) or similar ALM tools.
- Automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies.
- Source control management tools such as Git.
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Problem Solving - Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
- Weekend work hours - Occasionally.
- Overnight hours - Occasionally.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.