Territorial Sales Consultant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Territorial Sales Consultant (TSC) will profitably grow, manage premium, and market share in targeted markets and consumer segments, and achieve desired business results by developing, leading, managing, and implementing effective strategies, processes, and programs in the Independent Agency channel.
Achieve strategic objectives and business goals by leading all sales-related activity within a market, including but not limited to implementing strategic objectives by effectively consulting with assigned independent agencies, monitoring progress and making appropriate adjustments, and working with peers, Regional Sales Manager and Director, and other internal business units.
This will be achieved through:
- Creating and tracking performance to achieve strategic business plan outcomes for their market
- Prospecting and appointing new agencies to grow agency distribution
- Consult with Independent Agents to develop strategic business plans, provide advice on operations, identify issues and recommend plans for resolution, and facilitate access to resources
- Communicating messages to Independent Agents and staff, applying the message to the agency-specific business model, and assisting, as requested by the agency, to create an action plan to adjust operations accordingly
- Prospecting for, assessing, and recruiting candidates in accordance with the market deployment strategy
- Installing successful business practices and processes, as requested, through coordination with field and home office sales leadership
The opportunity is home-based and will involve field travel for the Portland, OR. Regular and frequent travel to agencies will be expected. May include overnight
Responsibilities are not limited to:
• Acts as a strategic business advisor to the Independent Agents to achieve short- & long-term business objectives
• Work with cross-functional business partners (e.g. product, claims, operations) to develop and implement market-specific sales tactics designed to achieve specific growth and profit goals and targeted business results
• Prospects for candidates, positions the agency value proposition and determines viability of partnership
• Acts as an ambassador for Encompass with the agencies and takes ownership of messages delivered to individual agents, within agencies or in broader venues
• Communicates messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions and incentives, compensation and bonus structure
• Creates short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic market business plans, and drives market performance to those plans, as directed by sales leadership
• Collaborates with Independent Agencies to assist with the creation of agency-specific short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic business plans, periodically reviews and suggests adjustments as necessary to achieve results
• Highly proficient in data manipulation, report analysis and analytical tools allowing for fact-based decisions in support of market objectives
- Minimum 5 years combined distribution experience in Property & Casualty
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions
- Experience in field distribution leadership and Property & Casualty
- Working knowledge of all Independent Agency brand products and processes, to include P&C
- Knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, etc.)
- P&C as appropriate for the state
- Industry certifications (preferred)
- Travel for business needs may include overnight
- Microsoft Office proficiency required. (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.