Software Engineer Lead
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Are you passionate about creating amazing experiences for developers?
Allstates Systems Engineering group is focused on creating products for our global developer community by designing and delivering frictionless creator experiences helping product teams move at the speed of ideas.
Were looking for an experienced Software Engineer Lead Consultant to join our product suite. Our teams are focused on creating software for other engineers so they can focus on business solutions. We bring a seamless, frictionless experience and automate complex setup tasks into simple to use capabilities. This helps product teams start iterating at the speed of their ideas!
As a Software Engineer Lead Consultant, you will contribute to developer innovation for the company. This extends from improving the experience of existing products to developing new products for the unit along with the strategic product vision. The Software Engineer Lead Consultant serves as a member of a product team. You will practice and champion the Agile delivery utilizing Continuous Integration & Deployment practices. You will leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. You will actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs. You will coach other team members, creating an environment of continuous learning, and constantly challenging and stretching the knowledge of the team.Key Responsibilities
- Participates in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Partners in collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders with the customer needs and wants in mind
- Serves as an expert on one or more business domain and a lead advocate of one or more technology stacks and shares that knowledge across organizations
- Participates in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product; actively helps the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems,
- Coaches the team in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices likely including cloud-based infrastructure deployment
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the engineering community.
• 5+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale
• A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Recent experience working in an eXtreme Programming (XP) or agile environment
• Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD); including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Enzyme, and other like technologies
• Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
• Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery (CICD) and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps. Experience in CICD tools, Jenkins with Groovy scripting and Github.
• Experience in backend development design and implementation; relational databases, SQL optimization.
• Experience and knowledge in developing REST APIs including tooling for documentation (OpenAPI), versioning, testing and management
• Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth and OWASP
• Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles and Functional Programming.
• Strong understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
• Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
The minimum salary for this position is $90,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.