Using established procedures and working under direct supervision, the Capture Center Specialist provides clerical support and performs document management and OCR process tasks as defined by office and company protocol. Hybrid work arrangement possible (part-time in office, and part-time working remotely).
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for processing all paper bills into a format acceptable for scanning into CorVel's OCR software for conversion to electronic form for bill review. This may include: mail processing, scanning, filing, post review processes (returning paper to customers) and back end scanning additional documentation once a bill is open in the MedCheck system.
- May require communication with physician offices, customers, other CorVel MedCheck offices or internal Bill Review staff, as required to resolve billing documentation discrepancies.
- Assists other departments as needed.
- May assist with verification and/or entry of demographic and billing information in the MedCheck DV/KFI system to ensure data integrity/quality as necessary.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts of medical bill review.
- Thorough understanding of bill review processing on multiple lines of business and multiple form type requirements.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, medical billing codes, applicable state fee schedules and/or U&C charge processing.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and technical aptitude with ability to expand knowledge and proficiency in MedCheck's proprietary systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years document management, medical bill review or coding experience.
- Experience with various office document management sources/equipment/systems.