Responsible for managing daily production in the National Database Department and Credentialing Departments, which may include one or more of the following functions: human resources, customer service, and promoting positive influence over Provider Data Specialists/Credentialing Specialists. This position is fully remote.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing a designated group of employees in their day-to-day operations
- Responsible for quality of service provided
- Responsible for human resources matters directly related to department supervised
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Responsible for training of new employees and/or implementing protocols as they change and sending those changes out to the units
- Responsible for shaping internal department policies and procedures
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- May be required to travel overnight and attend meetings
- May perform managerial responsibilities in managers' absence
- May perform daily, weekly, monthly reviews of various reports, invoices, logs and expenses.
- Additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Contract interpretation, medical terminology and coding/billing knowledge
- Multi-tasking and ability to allocate/direct labor with shifting priorities
- Critical thinking/ability to appropriately uphold or bend guidelines
- Understanding workflow and how data is consumed by others
- Ability to analyze/assess risk associated with data changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and strong organization skills
- Strong memorization and research skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Credentialing knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years of working with provider data or provider directory
3+ years of credentialing file production and policy management
- Experience in a management or supervisory role preferred