Handle a caseload of approximately 150 pending claims that encompass all levels of complexity. Requires establishing facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, compensability/liability/negligence determination, coordination of medical care (as appropriate), litigation management, damage assessment, settlement negotiations, identifying potential fraud and appropriate use of authorized vendors. Also includes timely and appropriate reserve analysis and report completion. Ability to attend conferences, client meetings, mentor other adjusters and assist management as requested. All file handling must be within state statutes, Client Claims Handling Guidelines and NARS Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
- Must have 3+ years prior claim adjusting or similar experience, with the majority handling complex litigation. Must have 5 to 7 years of overall claims experience, preferably in the line of business being handled.
- Must have 5+ years heavy litigation experience for all other lines except workers compensation.
- Must have 3+ years Construction Defect or similar/related experience if handling that line of business.
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $50,000+ when appropriate
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Advance level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Requires advanced ability to negotiate claims and to direct litigation.
- Must have negotiation and litigation skills for significant work with attorneys and arbitration on first and third party claims.
- Requires advanced ability to work independently.
- Requires an advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Must possess advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.
- Requires long periods of sitting.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Repeated use of a keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens.
- Requires travel as assigned, which can at times be extensive (5 to 7 days per month).