Customer Service Representative - Life Insurance / Annuity
We are an organization that truly values our customers and we want to do whatever is required to retain their business and exceed their expectations. Being a Customer Service Representative (CSR) for GBU is a critical role for us, one that demonstrates on a daily basis who we are. If you like to be a key player in an organization here is your opportunity.
Our Customer Service Representatives work at their own comfortable cubicles in a relaxed business environment. Unlike a call center, we expect our CSRs to be mobile because often times they have to work with various departments within the organization to resolve a customer issue. We want our calls from customers to be handled efficiently, but we don’t use standardized metrics you see in a call center. We provide the product knowledge and training, you need to come with a great attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond all the time to help our customers.
This hybrid position entails traditional customer service with added responsibilities for handling claims related inquiries and responsibilities on our life and annuity products. The CSR will be expected to be proficient with both major responsibilities of the position, identified below.
Typical CSR duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provides account information to customers including but not limited to account balances and histories.
- Performs maintenance on accounts per customer request.
- Provides timely resolution of customer/producer complaints, concerns, and inquiries.
- Builds effective relationships and trust with producers, customers and potential customers.
- Maintains knowledge of changes to the business environment.
- Pro-actively gathers and updates customer information during interactions.
- May assist with policy changes, claims and other administrative responsibilities.
- Understand the full array of the department’s responsibilities to provide back-up, when necessary.
- Supports marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Processes customer transactions including but not limited to inflows or outflows of cash or cash equivalents; ensures all necessary information is in place prior to completing transaction; sends appropriate correspondence.
- Distribute all incoming correspondence, when necessary.
- Process payroll entries such as EMPSA, annuity deposits and life insurance payments.
- Process director fees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Typical CSR-Claims duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Handle income phone calls according to team rotational schedule and response accordingly, assisting callers in understanding claims requirements and decision.
- Process claims through system for payment or denial. Perform follow-up on outstanding requirements in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Create new claims files and enter claims data and payments into systems as necessary.
- Assist with claims account reconciliation as needed.
- Investigate life and annuity claims through database searches, obtaining background information and interviewing of claimants and witnesses. Consult professionals, records and files.
- Address inquiries on assigned claims.
- Analyze department reports and take appropriate action.
- Ensure processing time standards are met, follow up is completed and claims processing is resolved within time requirements.
- Minimum two (2) years’ related experience or equivalent.
- An understanding of annuity AND life products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Acute attention to detail, with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Ideal candidate will also possess
o Experience in life claims.
o Minimum 1 year experience in a life insurance environment.
o Experience with Unclaimed Property.
o Prior experience with life and annuity products preferred.