Senior Benefits Consultant, Account Executive
About the Role
The Senior Benefits Consultant, Account Executive is the truest definition of a strategist and directly positioned as the team quarterback between the sales executives and the service team. A one-of-a-kind, strategic position with one of southern New England’s most respected insurance brokers, you can infuse the role with your consultative philosophy and build a long-term career with great earning potential. A newly created position, as the risk advisor you bring leadership skills and technical expertise around client strategy to the entire team.
Here is a snapshot of the job details:
- Location: Hartford, CT or Springfield, MA offices. Remote, work-at-home opportunity for individuals residing statewide in Connecticut & Massachusetts available.
- Experience: At least 10 years of group health & welfare insurance industry experience. Retail insurance brokerage background required.
- Benefits Guru: Lead AE on a multi-state book of group health and welfare clients ranging from 100-500 lives (both fully funded and self-insured).
Duties & Responsibilities
Health and welfare financial analysis, analytics, and modeling.
- Development of multi-year client strategy and service plan management
- Plan design and competitive benchmarking
- Management of the underwriting process and negotiations
- Network evaluations
- Vendor management
- Development of bid specifications
- Proposal analysis
- Client presentations
- Budget projections
Skills & Experience
At least ten (10) years of health and welfare insurance industry experience; background must include tenure with a retail brokerage
Ability to complete medical, prescription drug, stop loss and ancillary product analyses including:
- Plan Design Pricing
- Contract Review
- Budget & COBRA Rate Development
- Renewal Projections
- Short & Long-Term Client Strategy Development
$135k-$175k salary target range with annual bonus potential