Director, Strategic HR Business Partner - Product & Services
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
The Director, Strategic Human Resource Business Partnerships (HRBP) is a strategic consultant and advisor to executive leadership at Allstate. The HRBP partners with business line leadership, HR COEs, and HR Delivery teams to deliver forward-thinking talent management and organizational effectiveness strategies. This role will support the COO – Personal Property-Liability and reports to the SVP, Strategic HR Business Partnerships.
The Strategic Business HR function plays a critical role enabling and accelerating business objectives through two primary domains of expertise: 1) organizational development and 2) talent management.
- Organizational Development (OD) – building organizational capability through strategic job, organization structure, and process design and deployment.
- Talent Management (TM) - supporting business performance through policies, programs, and technologies used to attract and retain high-quality employees, develop their skills, and continuously motivate them to improve their performance and well-being.
The Director HRBP must be an innovative and flexible business partner with experience providing strategic HR support to large, complex operational units and customer engagement centers undergoing digital transformation. Of principal importance is ensuring consistent delivery of standardized services and the agile development of new services in support of business priorities unique to this dynamic environment, while also remaining aligned with broader enterprise HR strategies.As a member of the Strategic HR leadership team, the HRBP plays a vital role in support of Allstate's Transformative Growth plan to pivot the company to customer-centric protection platform. The successful candidate typically has a minimum of 10 to 15 years of human capital consulting and business partnership experience in complex organizations with a reputation for excellence, as well as experience leading HR for businesses undergoing digital transformation for platform businesses and new ventures. They should be skilled in integrating themselves into an existing organization in a diplomatic and productive fashion while being an effective agent for change. And, possess a reputation as a strategically oriented leader who delivers results, has proven leadership skills, and strong business acumen.Job Summary
The HRBP will:
- Lead talent strategy development, focusing on the allocation and deployment of human capital, to maximize talent investment and drive superior execution
- Align Allstate's HR strategy with key business drivers (i.e.: clients, revenue growth areas, emerging markets and products, operational risk restructure, and people) and enterprise priorities
- Work across HR, with their peers and the Strategic HR Consulting and Delivery Team, to design and deliver innovative and adaptive talent strategies across all aspects of the talent management life-cycle
- Drive accelerated cultural and operational change within HR to become a more collaborative, analytical, and customer centric HR function
- Deliver Allstate's Talent Management system to the business; attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining key talent to drive business growth and transformation imperatives
- Consults with executive leadership on talent management strategies, and leads/develops a high performing team of HR Business Partners who deliver those strategies at all levels of the organization
To effectively accomplish this work, the HRBP exemplifies the following skills and behaviors:
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of business priorities to drive business strategies
- Ability to support emerging, high growth, technology enabled organizations
- Has led through transformation changes; developing a compelling vision and executing against a plan
- Embeds the use of data and insights in people-related decision making. Analytical, uses data and insights to inform decisions and promotes and environment that does the same. Fluent in digital strategies and technology advancements.
- Influences up, down and across varying levels of front-line to executive leadership
- Is a natural collaborator who is authentic, transparent, and honest, aligned with company values and leadership principals
- Strong change agility - thrives in a complex, fast paced, rapidly evolving environment. Can shift between thinking strategically and consulting with HR centralized resources on operational issues Fosters a culture of excellence, accountability, empowerment, and inclusive diversity
- Influential communicator – clear, honest, effective – across all levels, internally and externally
- Expertise in HR best practices with the ability to build sustainable long-term strategies
- Bachelor's Degree is required; advanced degree with a human resources emphasis preferred (e.g. MBA, OD, I/O)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.