ICW Group is looking for a Senior Premium Auditor to cover the Beverly Hills and Santa Monica area of Los Angeles, CA. If you have strong analytical and customer service skills, enjoy traveling, meeting new people, and having flexibility in your schedule, then this opportunity is the one for you!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to conduct remote field audits to determine the actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages. This position exists to ensure accurate and efficient field audits while providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs audits in the field or within an ICW Group Branch for ICW accounts and resolves applicable disputes.
- Conducts timely and accurate premium audits and service audits.
- Conducts audits on larger and more complex accounts.
- Provides excellent customer service – which includes all aspects of the audit experience and responding to surveys and disputes.
- Provides technical assistance to reviewers, underwriters, and agents.
- Assists with resolving complex audit disputes.
- Assists with audit review.
Maintains communication with ICW accounts and other constituencies throughout audit.
- Corresponds with insureds, agents, and Company personnel.
- Provides current status of audit inventory on a regular basis to management.
- Clarifies voluntary and physical audits by contacting insureds as needed.
- Communicates with NCCI/ WCIRB regarding classification and technical issues.
This role does not have direct reports, but may mentor/train less experienced field auditors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Accounting, Business, or related degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years of experience working as a Field Premium Auditor. Carrier experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
APA, CIPA, or CPCU preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must have a good working knowledge of Workers' Compensation Insurance. Must be aware of and understand a variety of payroll and accounting systems, and the differences in Workers' Compensation jurisdictions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Position may require travel – up to 25%. In conducting audits and performing other tasks, works with computers and computer screens for multiple hours per day; must be able to lift and carry 25-40 pounds. Position is sedentary approximately 75% of time. Must be able to drive and be comfortable working independently.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Organizing & Planning.
Branch or remote positions: this job is a combination of working from home and working in the insured's clerical office areas. Requires travel (driving and flying) to insureds' locations to conduct audits. Customer worksites may vary in the environment.