PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is support the underwriting staff by processing insurance policy submissions as they are received from policy holders. This role exists in order to alleviate the administrative responsibilities of the underwriting staff and to ensure that submissions are moving forward in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides administrative support to Underwriting staff
- Completes and distributes policy related letters and correspondence as directed.
- Processes and distributes loss run requests.
- Completes and maintains file storage requests as directed.
- Accurately enters policy or submission information in department systems.
Responsible for duties pertaining to department mail
- Sorts, distributes, and attaches incoming mail for staff.
- Posts and processes all outgoing mail (as applicable by branch).
- Assists with Monthly Mailing projects to include: creating, printing, and mailing letters.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED certification required. Minimum 1 year of office experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proficient with computers including basic knowledge of applications Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook. Ability and willingness to learn applicable systems/applications. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and attention to detail.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Initiative and Informal Communication.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.