VP, Marketing, Protection, Products & Services
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description Allstate has a long history of driving brand preference through our core products of auto, home and life. This success has kept Allstate top-of-mind and a preferred brand when customers consider their insurance choices. As competition increases and brands focus on new ways to build loyalty, value and connections with customers, our Protection Products & Services businesses are an important differentiator for our Brand. The Allstate Protection Products & Services businesses expand our Circle of Protection by offering Allstate Identity Protection, Allstate Protection Products (device, electronics and furniture warranties), along with Roadside Service and Business Insurance. We also have reinvented telematics through Arity and launched a peer-to-peer car sharing platform called Avail. The VP, Marketing Protection Products & Services will bring a new lens to how we approach and drive these businesses, elevating Allstate's connectivity and Circle of Protection with our customers.
This position will lead the portfolio marketing strategies for Protection Products & Services and partner across business teams to develop marketing programs to drive the business.Key Responsibilities In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Vice President, Marketing Protection Products & Services will include:
- Build and lead a new marketing team across the Protection Products & Services businesses. This team will include a core team at the enterprise level and marketing talent within each of the businesses.
- Identify and build portfolio-level opportunities to cross-sell products and services, enhancing the Allstate value proposition
- Strategic marketing leadership across individual marketing plans and initiatives for each business, bringing expertise and new thinking
- Bring innovative thinking to current telematics marketing and ideas for growth
- Drive retail and commerce approach to marketing using data & analytics to guide decision-making. Partnership with business teams to broaden retail partner opportunities.
- Lead Protection Products & Services marketing organization around performance marketing and personalization, driving plans that reach the right customers at the right times with the right message. Coordination with Allstate Personal Property & Liability marketing team.
- Actively partner with Innovation team to identify new protection product offerings
- Develop and oversee marketing budgets, expense planning and reporting in partnership with the Marketing Finance team
- Lead inspired team of diverse marketers, building their skills and capabilities, balancing work across team and providing training needed for their success and development
The successful candidate will be a change leader and innovator. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- Lead through influence and intellect, bringing idea and solutions to expand and grow the Allstate brands
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to set strategic vision and goals, align resources to support business needs, inspire and motivate peers and employees to perform at the highest levels
- Challenge thinking, business partners and senior management in appropriate ways and in appropriate situations. Thoughtful resource for difficult decisions.
- Maintain and promote an environment of accountability, teamwork, collaboration, shared knowledge and ideas
- Ability to deliver against enterprise goals and project deadlines
- Build talent with a focus on sophisticated marketing capabilities and ability to navigate in a complex, agile environment Oversee and lead the day-to-day operations of Marketing team, including talent management, development, performance, compensation, and managing the group's budget Collaborate and partner with other officers within the Marketing department on all creative projects, content and solutions
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, with brand-building, retail and e-commerce as an important component of the role
- Progressive leadership roles within corporations requiring digital and analytical acumen
- Proven track record of developing marketing talent
- An idea leader, capable of bringing ideas forward and developing against business needs
- Effective communications skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.