Product Feature Software Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The Allstate Corporation is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Allstate sells and services personal insurance products. Allstate is looking for bright motivated individuals to join their team. In this role, the Product Feature Software Engineer serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the CompoZed delivery methodology with Agile Scrum at its epicenter and have a product mindset working within the product team. This is a great opportunity to join Allstate's Product Management Ecosystem team and work on technology critical to core Transformative Growth initiatives.
Product Feature Software Engineers develop applications following 12-factor principles to build out products through continual enhancements through a full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. He/she leverages test driven development, CI/CD, and Allstate developed tools and frameworks to ensure of the timely delivery of high quality products. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the most appropriate technology and relevant design is chosen to meet user needs with maintainability and reusability.Key Responsibilities
- Possess the technical capabilities get up to speed quickly on enterprise software frameworks and quickly gain the necessary technical working environment with minimal supervision
- Evaluate and make recommendations on all technical aspects of the software delivery lifecycle to achieve the desired delivery velocity with high quality outcomes in a self-directed and self-managed manner
- Adhere to and promote principles of 12 factor apps, including key areas of concern such as availability, scalability, maintainability and security
- Drive and own all phases of software engineering work from inception and throughout the CI/CD lifecycle
- Accountable for making sound technical decisions across multiple problem dimensions and be able to articulate the decision throughout the evaluation process
- Recognize, evolve and adapt technical approaches to problem solving as the business and computing landscape changes
- Maintain positive outlook in handling continuous change and bring a sense of urgency in driving positive change at Allstate
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team's backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or STEM field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in structured team settings
- 3+ years of Java and similar OOP languages
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Source Control Management: Git/GitHub
- Strong understanding and effective implementation experience of design patterns, data structures, data persistence, UI frameworks, software and object-oriented design principles
- Experience in developing software in different programming languages and across various paradigms, and demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and learn unfamiliar new programming languages
- Possess understanding and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
Solid understanding on agile development fundamentals along with key development and productivity tools associated with this methodology
Compensation and Benefits include:
- The minimum salary for this position is $90,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.