Benefits - Accounts Executive
Benefits - Accounts Executive
Currently seeking an experienced Account Executive for an exciting opportunity within the benefits division of a US brokerage agency in Needham, MA.
You will enjoy the ambiance of a brand-new state-of- the- art office space in Needham.
This position offers remote and office working opportunity. Candidate would be responsible for handling a block of mid-sized corporate clients for brokerage of medical, dental, life & disability, voluntary and TPA products & services (i.e. FSA, HSA and COBRA administration). Clients typically would be in the 50 – 350 employee size range.
The best candidate will provide an exceptional level of service and support to our clients.
Duties, abilities, and responsibilities include:
• Act as liaison between clients; Human Resource/Benefits and management team and all insurers and other service vendors
• Possess an advanced level of understanding of all group health, dental and other benefits, associated products, services and affiliated tools connected with benefit plans
• Ability to review and provide advice on contracts, documents and other deliverables connected with insurance products and TPA services for accuracy
• Prepare marketing materials (RFPs) and subsequent proposals, and then implement changes or install new contracts for customers
• Analyze health, dental and other benefit plan claims and utilization data from insurers/vendors and deliver detailed reporting to customers, to include determination of trends and predictions of future renewals
• Organize and attend client meetings, prepare communications including Open Enrollment materials, presentations, and coordinate all insurer/ vendor needs
• Ensure that all renewals and products are finalized and fully installed, including employee enrollments, contracts, employee ID cards, and employer billing
• Interface with clients in resolution of claim disputes, billing and other contract issues to the total satisfaction of clients (and their employees)
• Maintain knowledge and deliver updates to customers involving all aspects of state and federal regulations governing employee welfare plans, including ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, etc. – (Hilb has in-house ERISA counsel to assist)
• Assist customers with all other aspects of compliance and reporting including development of Summary Plan Descriptions (developed in-house by ERISA legal team)
• Assist clients with any ad-hoc projects, claim resolution or search for information to ensure employers can fully deliver a first-class benefit package to their employees
• Prepare executive reports for management and present to executives, board of directors, and union/ decision making committees as required to educate and approve decisions on benefit programs.
Qualifications of candidate include:
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of insurance brokerage industry experience
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively draft, proof, and complete professional documents, presentations and correspondence, using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other contemporary business standards
• Good understanding of Excel and other formula-based software
• Ability to learn and utilize our Customer Service Management (CRM) system to maintain client/ benefit information and service tracking – we utilize BenefitPoint CRM software
• Possess strong math and analytical skills – with ability to analyze and interpret claim and other data, including complicated spreadsheets
• Knowledge of Benefit Administration systems, such as Employee Navigator and Maxwell Health, is helpful
• Flexibility of adapting to fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Ability to work in both a team/collaborative setting, but also able to work without supervision when necessary
• Current Mass. Life & Health broker license required.
Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package - including medical, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, PTO, 2 Floating holidays & 7 paid holidays.
The Hilb Group is an equal opportunity employer and we actively support and comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting all forms of discrimination in employment. Additionally, we have a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of harassment in violation of federal, state and local laws.
Apply for Benefits - Accounts Executive
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly