Claim Adjuster - Inside - Auto Liability
2 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Responsible for the investigation, valuation, establishment of exposure, negotiation and settlement of first party property claims within a predetermined settlement authority. Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly, equitably and economically within the provisions of the policy contract and in accordance with the damages presented.
The Work Itself
- Handle initial report of loss and control costs. Investigating, evaluating, and negotiating claims, in order to reach a fair and equitable settlement.
- Negotiates settlement of claims with insureds while following established, authorized settlement authority.
- Handles questions on coverage with a reservation of rights letter and/or non-waiver agreement.
- Maintain a complete and thoroughly detailed claim file ensuring claim files are accurately detailed and all supporting documents are dedicated.
- Uses conscientious communication and persuasive negotiation to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Treat customers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner providing timely, thorough, accurate information and assistance.
- Work closely with the field appraisers to ensure accurate and timely damage evaluations.
- Adjusts reserves to accurately reflect the exposure and issue payments to the appropriate parties.
- Identify subrogation and/or salvage situations in a timely manner to protect the interests of the Corporation and request documents needed to process titles and salvage of vehicles.
- Handles all claims within the guidelines of the state’s Fair Claims Practices Acts and other Regulations while also ensuring timeliness and KPIs are being met.
- Assist in training new employees as well as mentorship of peers.
- Maintain an up-to-date dairy.
- Maintain vital licensing and continuing education.
- The Skills You Bring
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate / Bachelor's degree in business related subject area preferred. Education may be used as a proxy for experience.
- Multi-state adjuster licenses required.
- 3+ years of Property and casualty experience required.
- Prior experience as an Auto Liability Claims Adjuster preferred.
- Prior experience handling theft, fire and false pretense claims preferred.
- Prior experience reading and interpreting commercial insurance policies preferred.
- Perform technical tasks required to support ongoing business operations.
- Typically requires sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs..
- How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
- Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.