PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ICW Group continues to grow and looking to add a new Supervisor of Strategic Sourcing to be an integral part of the Procurement and Vendor Management Team. The purpose of this job is to drive operational efficiency within the Strategic Sourcing process by implementing tools and procedures to streamline strategic sourcing processes and support strategic enterprise initiatives. This position exists to manage a team of strategic sourcing professionals, provide guidance to and support for implementation of strategic sourcing for the Company to ensure the best value is achieved for all organization purchasing and contributes to the Company's financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drives organizational goals and strategic plans for the PVMS Department.
- Supports the execution of initiatives for the PVMS department that support the strategic sourcing goals of the organization.
- Manages the ongoing planning and monitoring of department projects focused on efficiency, innovation, and cost savings.
- Plans and executes procurement, strategic sourcing and vendor management activities and operations in compliance with corporate policies, applicable law and effective cost management principles.
- Fosters collaborative relationships both internally with stakeholders and externally with prospective and current vendors and other constituencies involved in procurement programs.
Fosters effective procurement infrastructure and leads continuous improvement to ensure alignment with company initiatives.
- Develops an understanding of the needs of assigned business stakeholders and delivers effective and timely procurement results.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines for the company.
- Assesses current practices and recommends continuous improvement processes/tools based on data analysis and best practices to achieve targeted metrics for strategic sourcing and vendor management success.
- Serves as key advisor providing recommendations to leaders on vendors, best practices, negotiations, and other aspects of procurement based on assigned categories.
Leverages data to engage and educate vendors and internal customers in the policies, tools, processes, and benefits of effective procurement partnerships.
- Develops and presents negotiation strategies and toolkits (complex and otherwise), using all four phases of the sourcing lifecycle (strategy, assessment, selection, contract, and performance management) to assigned business units.
- Prepares market analysis or data related to procurement and vendor management, as necessary. Designs and manages complex data sets. Develops and implements cost savings initiatives for assigned commodities via development of category strategies reflecting market conditions.
- Leads negotiations of procurement terms; serves as trusted advisor on related procurement matters; generates positions on critical sourcing/procurement elements.
- Develops reporting metrics tracking and management, creates presentations of information and statistics on procurement operations.
- Manages relationships with designated suppliers and designs and maintains vendor management program tools, such as vendor performance scorecards, key performance indicators (KPIs), and process improvement initiatives with assigned suppliers.
- Effectively trains and conveys the value of RFx sourcing procedures and processes to both PVMS team members and business stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of company vendor diversity statements, compliance and other similar reports and procedures.
Develops and supervises a team within the Procurement Department.
- Provides daily direction to the Procurement team. Communicates Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with Procurement Department leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience.
- Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices encourage development, recognition and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding, and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for team members to answer questions and provide guidance related to complex problems.
- Manages budget, technology and other resources, workload, and customer requests for Procurement Department services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT and compliance policies, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises employees within the PVMS Department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum 7 years of experience in procurement, contracting and strategic sourcing processes for several commodity areas required. Minimum 3 years of experience with complex vendor contract negotiations required. Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role required. Experience managing the full life cycle of commodity procurement with sophisticated negotiating techniques. Experience in contracts negotiation across a variety of commodity categories.
Insurance industry experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Six Sigma certification or training preferred. Certifications in procurement and supply management preferred, i.e. Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Procurement Professional (CPP), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM). Experience in SaaS technology or cloud preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Extensive experience effectively consulting with others, facilitating, and presenting technical information and demonstrated ability to influence others. Demonstrated experience with sophisticated negotiating techniques and developing solutions to issues in a timely manner. Excellent verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Power BI, Word, Visio, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to combine disparate skills and thinking to craft solutions and solve operational problems. Ability to hypothesize on root cause of inefficiencies and then test out probable solutions against those hypotheses. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common procurement related technical journals, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or vendors. Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively. Ability to effectively present information to staff, management, and external audiences.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Supervisor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.