Insurance Sales Representative
AAA Insurance Sales Representatives will sell personal insurance policies such as Auto, Home and Life and will work as a Licensed Agent with access to nearly 2 million AAA members across the Carolinas. Once the Agent’s book of business has grown to a substantial incoming revenue stream, over the course of 2 – 5 years, the Agent will transition to ownership without having to invest their own capital, or go through the initial stresses of setting up an insurance agency!
You enjoy helping others and are focused on driving results. You have lots of choices of who to work with. What makes us different?
- We help others.
- As a member organization, AAA is passionately committed to providing our members and customers with Value, Safety, and Total Peace of Mind in all things related to Automotive, Travel, Insurance and Member Benefits.
- We are focused on growth.
- We are 2 million plus members strong with job adds year over year for 20 straight years and counting. Build your skills, experience and thrive in a company that has a demonstrated track record of stability & growth.
- We offer a competitive Total Compensation package.
- You know compensation goes way beyond bring home pay. AAA offers best in class benefits. . . excellent medical coverage, dental, vision, etc. . . AND we offer a Corporate Incentive Plan and 401k with matching contributions.
- We are committed to work-life balance: PTO and Paid Holidays
Program Benefits with AAA Carolinas!
- You’ll start by working in one of our highly visible AAA locations that are frequented by our many AAA Members in the Carolinas.
- Guidance as an employee to operate as a business owner of your own AAA Insurance Agency
- Structured training to assist with the career path program that includes sales training, soft skill development, advanced Insurance designation courses provided, and agency operations training.
- While you are building your agency you will receive competitive compensation, benefits, training, rewards and incentive opportunities
- Assistance with site selection for your agency
- Branded Office Environment -Assisting with furnishings, signage, and equipment
- Take your book of clients with you into your own AAA agency
- Continuation of being part of the team and eligible for all incentives that are included for AAA Insurance employees
- Ability to transfer agency to approved family member or approved Agent
- Retain revenue stream as long as the Agent is active
- Take advantage of no geographic constraints in the Carolinas at this time
- AAA Insurance Sales Agent Employee earn on average $50k - $100k+ a year
- AAA Insurance Agency Owners can earn in excess of $12,000 agency monthly commissions once transitioning to an Agency Owner with no limit on earnings
Essential Responsibilities of an Insurance Sales Representative
- Prospect AAA leads and close Insurance sales
- Sell various types of personal lines of insurance such as Auto, Home and Life while developing synergy with other AAA businesses to succeed as a team.
- Manage the entire sales process to ensure proper product and service delivery
- Interact with policyholders to explain coverage, suggest additions or changes, and review portfolio in detail.
- Dedication to delivering a superior customer service experience while developing new business relationships and maintaining current AAA relationships
- Proven Professional Sales Experience Required or Recent College Graduate with a Degree in an Applicable Major
- Primary Career Goal is to operate your own AAA Insurance Agency within 2 – 5 years
- Availability to work Monday-Friday 8:30am – 6:00 pm, with rotating Saturdays from 10:00 am- 1:00 pm
*Can revert back to Standard Saturday operating hours from 10:00 am- 4:00 pm based on business needs*
- Experience with Personal Lines including Auto, Home, and Life
- Active Property & Casualty Licenses or degree in Insurance or Risk Management (or comparable), in lieu of active license. Must be able to obtain Property & Casualty License
- Holding or pursuing professional insurance designations (AINS, CIC, CPCU, or other)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong passion to sell consumer products
- Strong Desire for Financial Rewards
- Competitive spirit and drive to achieve personal and sales success.
- Proactively builds relationships and gains customer commitment by informing and recommending appropriate coverage.
- Team player who is assertive and persistent with obtaining individual and team goals.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Possess above average computer proficiency and the ability to operate in various software programs simultaneously.
- Demonstrated professionalism when interacting with customers, peers, and associates.
- Accountable to commitments, consistently meets deadlines, and demonstrates diligence with meetings and appointments.
- Ability to offer creative and innovative solutions to changing, customer and business, needs.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand customer needs.
- Takes initiative to learn multiple internet platforms and agency management systems.
- Excellent Communication Skills-ability to communicate personal perspectives, and ideas to AAA Members, while listening and learning from our others in the organization.
- Self-Motivation – possesses effective time management skills and personal accountability to accomplish personal and organizational goals and priorities.
Legal Background Qualifications
- Credit report with no open bankruptcies or showing delinquent debt over $50,000.
- No felony convictions within the past seven years
- Member Focused -dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of members and team members
- Drive for Results - has a results focused bias for action.
- Accountability - Takes ownership and fosters an environment of personal accountability. Takes personal responsibility for seeing efforts through to completion. See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it
- Functional Excellence - demonstrates operational excellence within current role
- Strategic thinking - Designs long term business strategy and aligns with the annual operating plan
- Influencing - builds strong relationships and influences results through others
- Personal Initiative – be alert and proactive; act immediately on available opportunities and choose the best strategy when facing problems
- Endurance – understands that facing barriers and problems are necessary in order to achieve success.
- High Work Quality – placing care on quality and can be seen as having the urge to sell and produce products of high quality.
- Interpersonal Skills – Create and sustain a positive and rewarding relationship with Members and customers. Working effectively with coworkers to foster enriching relationships.
Delivering value, safety, and total peace of mind every day is not just our business, it’s our purpose.
Join our team.
Dedicated. Innovative. Driven. Successful.
Apply for Insurance Sales Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly