Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 24 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 5 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM and Glen Allen, VA.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans over 130 years. Donegal's strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of 'A' (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation's leading insurance rating organization.
The Technical Assistant will effectively assist the Commercial Lines Underwriting team to achieve profitable underwriting results. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in maintaining superior customer relationships thereby meeting established production goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurately process business, utilizing established guidelines and direction from the underwriting team
- Accurately research underwriting information
- Efficiently determine and request the appropriate underwriting support documentation needed for each account
- Performs administrative duties regarding new and renewal accounts, risk assessments, and loss runs and loss ratings.
- May assist underwriters with the computation of rates and premiums for new business and renewals
- Will set up, rate, and issue new business
- May rate and issue renewals, process endorsements, process audits, process cancellations, update drivers lists and pull MVR's
- Pro-actively coordinate work with others in support of department objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school or GED equivalent
- Previous insurance or related work experience
Donegal Insurance Group offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent positions. Learn more about our benefit offerings by visiting our Benefits page.