CorVel is seeking a Subrogation Claims Supervisor. The Subrogation Claims Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of direct reports, ensuring all quality, productivity and customer service criteria are met while adhering to company policies and procedures. The Subrogation Claims Supervisor position is integral to the success of the company and requires regular and consistent attendance, supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises subrogation claims staff in their day-to-day operations to ensure timely, accurate handling of claims, quality claims services, and appropriate resolution of claim discrepancies.
- Assures peak performance of the team through initial and continued training and coaching
- Ensures adherence to quality subrogation standards.
- Responsible for team performance; provides direction and feedback to employees and keeps Subrogation Manager up to date on performance trends
- Supports Subrogation Claims Manager in staff recruitment, interviews and training of new staff on procedures and job-related functions.
- Reviews reports, diaries, and/or tasks prepared by subrogation team to monitor trends and identify issues for resolution.
- Manage all aspects of subrogation unit technical duties and serves as front line support and subject matter expert for all escalated issues.
- Provides technical and jurisdictional guidance to subrogation staff regarding complex subrogation claims exposures, investigation, litigation issues and Special Handling Instructions.
- Assures compliance of all State and Federal regulations as well as adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Functions as liaison, suggesting and implementing final resolution for clients and employees regarding claim-specific, procedural or special requests.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- TPA Experience is highly preferred.
- Expertise in the handling of subrogation claims.
- Municipality experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Participate in customer claim reviews and presentations.
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated, strong customer service skills.
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if required.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience handling subrogation claims, including high exposure losses and litigation.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in an insurance setting.
- Municipality experience is preferred.
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision.