The Medicare Services Supervisor is responsible for directing the operations of their designated department, which may include one or more of the following functions: human resources, customer service, and limited sales management. This position is temporarily remote during pandemic, with possibility to become a fully remote position after pandemic.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing designated employees in their day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for quality department's service provided.
- Responsible for human resource matters directly related to department supervised.
- Responsible for new referral assignments.
- Monitor referral assignments task completion.
- Perform Quality Assurance file reviews on all designated employees.
- Responsible for orienting all new hires and monitoring their work performance throughout the orientation phase.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all staff.
- Assist in preparing staff evaluations on an annual basis.
- Participate in marketing to established and potential customers.
- Assist with updates to unit training manual.
- Review the various CMS web-sites specific for Medicare Set-Asides and communicate findings.
- Maintain familiarity with related websites including CMS and MSPN, The National Medicare Secondary Payer Network (formerly NAMSAP) to maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry changes.
- May perform invoice review for accuracy and make changes as necessary.
- May perform Medicare Set-Aside Specialist responsibilities.
- Overnight travel will occasionally be necessary.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Demonstrate well-developed time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas across multiple platforms.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to meet deadlines and maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have technical knowledge of the laws, policies, and procedures in defined territory.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail, and results focused.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor of Science degree or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current RN licensure in state of operation.
- Certified as Medicare Set-Aside Consultant (MSCC).
- 3 or more years of Medicare Secondary Payer experience.
- Demonstrated experience in management or supervision preferred.