CorVel Corporation, a leading provider of health management and billing technology is looking for an energetic Systems Administrator to join our Applications Systems Integration Team. This position will be an important member of the team, participating in a variety of activities required to support the company's internally developed, and 3rd-party applications, and will be an exciting opportunity for growth in the field of applications integration.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assist the team with the installation, configuration, and administration of our internally developed applications. Tasks include server configuration, deployment, and monitoring – as well as troubleshooting any issues that occur.
- Provide administration and support of the servers hosting 3rd-party applications. This includes monitoring, basic troubleshooting, and coordinating support with the Vendors.
- Create documentation of processes and procedures gathered from the senior administrators in the team, and assist with the creation of training materials.
- Assist in implementing patches, updates, and other security-hardening tools on our systems.
- Participate in Helpdesk/Queue management, and some after-hours applications deployments.
- Work with a team, and independently with limited supervision.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Web and .NET applications.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing Windows Server 2012r2 through Windows 2019, including troubleshooting issues.
- Some experience with VMware or Hyper-V virtualization and associated automation.
- Strong desire to learn new methodologies and technologies, and willingness to push outside of their comfort zone.
- Adaptability and willingness to respond to changing priorities in a very dynamic environment.
- Some Microsoft PowerShell scripting experience
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Any load-balancing (F5, NetScaler, etc.) Administration experience
- Experience working with 3rd party software vendors.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and SSRS (and SQL queries)
- Degree or Technical Certification in Computer-related field, or 3-5 years' work experience in server management