PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to acquire the fundamentals of worker's compensation underwriting and assist with the achievement of effective and profitable Branch Underwriting results according to Company Goals and Guidelines in support of the team. Assists and supports the Underwriting Department in providing customer service to policyholders, agents and brokers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Gains knowledge of underwriting principles and processes
- Successfully complete formal and on the job training provided by line of business management in specialty area of Underwriting
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate fundamental risk, make sound Underwriting decisions, and perform basic customer service and marketing activities
- Demonstrates understanding of laws, rules, and regulations governing Underwriting business for specialty area
- Demonstrates knowledge of line of business procedures, guidelines, and Underwriting systems
- Works with Company Claims, Risk Management and other appropriate departments to become familiar with standards, requirements and reporting
Delivers superior customer service through collaborative relationships.
- Responds to follow-up activities pertaining to policyholders including research, correspondence, data entry, updating files, tracking documentation and mailing
- Responds to coverage inquiries of new business and policy changes involving basic analysis and recommendations
- May be asked to represent department in cross-functional project teams.
- Work with underwriter to establish collaborative relationships with agencies/producers to understand the external marketplace.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma required. Associate's degree or 2 years college attendance, with emphasis in Business, Accounting, Statistics or related field preferred. 1+ years experience as an Underwriting Assistant or related experience in Underwriting strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.