The purpose of this job is to support the Network Engineers in the development and maintenance of ICW Group's network infrastructure. This position exists to ensure that the company's supporting computing environment technologies are properly engineered, administered, maintained, and secured in support of ICW Group's business outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains, configures, and supports networking devices.
- Provides 2nd Tier technical support for internal customers.
- Provides problem resolution for network performance and network related issues.
- Prioritizes and directs the day-to-day technical tasks for operational management of the network.
- Works directly with ICW's Information Security team to analyze and mitigate risks at the network level.
- Completes assigned initiatives and tasks on time and on budget.
Participates in Network infrastructure projects in support of Company objectives.
- Participates in the creation, implementation, and continual improvement of standards, processes, and procedures required to deliver high quality customer service.
- Works directly with IT Project Managers, Program Managers and Architects to evaluate design details and provide information on current and proposed network infrastructure considerations.
- Works directly with IT Project Managers and Program Managers to understand business requirements and impact of design considerations.
- Implements networking technologies including LAN, MPLS, SAN fabric switches, Server Load balancers, WAN, VoIP, vSwitches, in a multivendor environment.
- Plans, researches, develops, and tests new networking technologies in support of business operations.
Ensures compliance to ICW ITIL and regulatory processes.
- Adheres to and complies with ICW Group's privacy and security policies.
- Creates and updates network infrastructure diagrams, test plans, and supporting documentation.
- Maintains or exceeds Service Levels to business customers for established Service Level Agreements.
- Assists with budget planning and procurement of networking hardware and software as directed in cost effective manner.
- Participates in information gathering for ICW's audit and regulatory processes.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum 2 years of experience working in a Co-location environment required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CCNA, JNCIA, CCNP or JNCIS certifications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve complex network-related problems. Ability to work in a fast paced complex and dynamic environment. Works well under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity. Possesses analytical and problem-solving skills. Good verbal communication skills. In-depth knowledge of the OSI model. Knowledge of Directory Services (e.g. Windows 2000+ AD, LDAP); Systems (e.g. UNIX, Windows, MS Exchange); and Internet Protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL). Knowledge of firewall configuration and troubleshooting. Knowledge of different network types (i.e. LAN, WAN). Working knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols in including BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Working knowledge of network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds preferred. Working knowledge of LINUX (Centos and RedHat), VDI, and VOIP preferred. Ability to administer support and maintenance on Switches and Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, and WAN optimization/replication appliances required. Ability to implementing and maintaining Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems, preferred. Experience administering and maintaining networking systems for mid to large companies including designing and maintaining wireless networks preferred.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear. Requires ability to take part in on-call rotations.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Relationship Building.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.