Product Manager - Personal Lines
Come join a growing company! For more than a century, NJM Insurance Group has built a reputation of being a leader in the property and casualty insurance industry. The company is nationally recognized by major consumer organizations for exceptional service and value. Over the last couple of years, the organization has grown into multiple states in the region, and further expansion is anticipated over the next several years. There's never been a better time to join the NJM team!
Reporting to a Regional Director of Product Management, the successful candidate will possess 7+ years of property and casualty leadership experience. The State Manager II position (formal NJM title) leads the strategy development and execution for assigned states with more complex market/regulatory environment and/or premium potential.
- Drive responsible profitable growth across state geography and lines of business
- Manages assigned state through influence with relevant departments such as Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting, Finance, Sales/Marketing, and Customer Service
- Leads a team of analysts of varying levels of experience to analyze business trends and results of NJM and competitors to assist in making business decisions.
- Responsible for leading annual planning process in collaboration with other business departments including marketing, finance, and operations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including coaching, developing, and mentoring direct reports
- Manage assigned states CAT exposure within NJM’s corporate CAT strategy
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
- Bachelors or MBA in Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, or related field of Study.
- Superior analytical skills
- Effective use of tools, data, and available systems
- Experience leading small analytic and filing teams of varying degrees of experience
- Ability to analyze, develop and manage strategies to penetrate competitor markets
- Ability to effectively expresses ideas
- Strong influencing/persuasion skills used to gain support and commitment from others
- 7+ years property-casualty insurance leadership experience, State Management preferred
- Ability to navigate complex regulatory environments including coastal risk management
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.