Workers Compensation/Occupational Accident Senior Claims Specialist
IAT has an immediate opening for a Senior Claims Specialist that will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, management, and resolution of Occupational Accident, Occupational Compensation and TPA Oversight of Workers' Compensation matters. Claims may be in excess of $250,000 in exposure and are pending throughout the country. The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced claims professional with extensive experience handling Commercial Automobile liability claims and litigation, Workers' Compensation claims and litigation. Experience handling Occupational Accident and/or Occupational Compensation claims is preferred but not required. The preferred location for this role is IAT's office in Naperville, IL. We will also consider a remote situation for the right candidate.
- Handle complex litigated and non-litigated Occupational Accident, Occupational Compensation and Workers' Compensation claims pursuant to IAT Best Practices.
- Analyze and verify applicable coverages for reported losses.
- Perform claim management consisting of analyzing claim severity, set appropriate reserves, and maintain reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Develop and implement litigation / file disposition strategy.
- Attend mediation, settlement conferences and trials, as necessary.
- Manage defense counsel and litigation, including the use of litigation plans, litigation budgets and payments to counsel to ensure effective and efficient case outcomes.
- Perform customer service consisting of managing relationships with all parties to the claim process.
- Report to reinsurers as required by reporting guidelines.
- Work effectively with the Recovery Department to maximize recoveries.
- Prepare management reports which accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues, and claim and recovery strategies.
- Oversight of Third-Party Administrator claims handling, including timely coverage reviews, claim resolution strategy, and reserve and settlement authority.
- Maintains resident/nonresident licenses as required.
- Travel as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 8-10 years of relevant claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is 12+ years Workers Compensation claims experience.
- Must have Workers' Compensation claims experience.
- Occupational Accident/Occupational Compensation claims experience is preferred.
- Excellent coverage analysis skills and experience in drafting coverage position letters.
- Experience handling litigated files, and proven track record of effectively directing and managing outside counsel.
- Experience with claim handling software and ability to work in multiple systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Superior negotiating, communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.