ICW Group is embarking on an exciting path into new digital initiatives! We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help build out this new discipline of digitizing the insurance experience for our customers. If orchestrating end-to-end solutions is what excites you, this is a fantastic opportunity to create something new! The purpose of this job is to take on a key role in designing and developing scalable front and back-end software solutions with databases, servers, and clients. This position exists is to be part of a cross-functional team responsible for the full software life cycle from conception to deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages full life cycle of software development.
- Designs overall architecture of web applications that optimize site functionality.
- Develops and organizes web applications, structure code, and separate files. Sets up proper file hosting and configures servers and databases for website functionality.
- Develops and implements software solutions with the end customer in mind.
- Designs user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture.
- Develops functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end.
- Leads technical collaboration for front and back-end web development.
Collaborates with the engineering team to design software solutions and launch new features to meet customer needs.
- Interfaces with clients, fellow developers, and other departments to develop full platforms that enhance user experience and functionality.
- Defines and develops application scope and objectives and draws up technical and functional specifications for written documentation.
- Leads design reviews to determine functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems.
- Performs technical analysis and testing to improve software solutions.
Tests software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency. Identifies and solves coding issues.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, and upgrades software.
- Creates security and data protection settings.
- Maintains quality and ensures responsiveness of applications. Maintains code integrity and organization.
- Keeps current with industry best practices, trends, and developments to improve quality and efficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required. Minimum 5 years of experience required as a Full Stack Engineer or similar role. Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements. Experience in development for desktop applications. Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications. Experience in development for mobile applications preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.