Director, Client Engagement
Looking for an opportunity to grow? Propel Insurance is new to the Knoxville insurance scene, and is searching for a dynamic individual to join our leadership team. This position leads client service/account management for commercial accounts assigned to a given branch. This role communicates closely with Branch Director and with sales leadership to ensure appropriate levels of client support and account management. The CED will have three direct reports, in the form of Team Managers, and approximately 30 indirect.
- Assign client-facing staff to accounts, and monitor productivity to ensure staff workloads are at appropriate levels
- Ensure that client needs are being met by the team - processing renewals in a timely manner, completing projects as assigned, and answering client questions promptly and accurately.
- Participate with Business Technology Services (BTS) to develop/update standard processes and workflows, embrace and implement identified changes, and ensure BTS training is delivered to appropriate staff.
- Manage day-to-day activities and staff, including assessment of performance to ensure work output is of high quality and sufficient quantity, making compensation recommendations, handling employee relations issues, and identifying training needs.
- May manage a larger team through subordinate supervisors
- Ensure availability and quality of support resources to complete non-client-facing account support work
- Assess staffing needs and work with Branch Director to request and justify new and replacement hires
- Communicate routinely with other Commercial DCE’s and BTS to ensure consistency as appropriate
- Handle one or two client accounts as primary servicer
- Personify Propel culture and role model values
- May be called upon to participate in sales and client retention efforts
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years experience as commercial lines service agent or equivalent position
- 5+ years experience in supervisory/managerial role (multi-site/location experience preferred)
- Insurance brokerage experience required
- Strong technical skills and understanding of insurance underwriting and coverage
- Previous Agency Management system (Sagitta) experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and get work done through others
- Excellent communication, organizational, motivating and planning skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- MS Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree with five to seven years experience with an agency or carrier, or the equivalent
- Knowledge of Preferred Carriers and TPAs
- Applicable industry licenses and designations
- Ability to work Flexible work schedule if necessary
- Occasional travel required to branches and off-site meetings and conferences