Claims - Non-Standard Auto Claims Adjuster III
The Non-Standard Claims Adjuster III is responsible for managing the investigative, negotiation and claim resolution process for Southern General Insurance Company. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Non-Standard Claims Adjuster III to join our company and liability claims involving property damage with insured motorists. The right candidate will also be responsible for initiating claims and coverage investigations, negotiations and settlements and the payment of resolved claims consistent with company policies and state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review Auto policies, Auto claim forms and other records to verify and determine insurance coverage eligibility under applicable state laws.
- Conduct and manage the investigative process, ongoing communication with customer and relevant external parties and maintain appropriate and timely recordkeeping files on all claims.
- Keep work and investigative files current and manage the accurate recording of all information required for the successfully resolution of claims investigations.
- Manage the claims payment authorization process and the review and process of all claims payments to ensure the payments and handling of the claim were within company guidelines.
- Evaluating and settling bodily injuries with claimants and attorneys
- Negotiating settlement of property damage with the insureds, claimants and attorneys
- Investigate and resolve auto theft and auto fire claims
- Provide superior customer service
- Minimum of 3+ years of progressive responsible handling of non-standard auto claims required.
- Casualty experience required
- Property & Casualty Adjuster License required - GA and/or NC preferred
- Multi-state experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated multi-tasking abilities
Personal computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management and Insurance or a related field is preferred.