ICW Group is looking for a Systems Engineer III with an emphasis on automation and DevOps processes to optimize our environment. The purpose of this job is to lead, plan, architects and designs ICW Group's computing environment and infrastructure technologies to ensure properly administered and maintained in support ICW Group's business outcomes. This position exists to manage complex systems and optimize work-processes for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides lifecycle support for all infrastructure and computing systems from design, automation, capacity planning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Architects, designs, implements, and manages virtualization environment including on-premise, cloud, and using containers.
• Leads and provides vision in the design of tools, process and change to automate the lifecycle of new software releases, systems, and system upgrades.
• Contributes to DevSecOps initiatives by providing automation, reporting, and training to team members and organization resources.
• Leads the effort in aligning the virtualization strategy to meet business continuity, recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives, and service level agreements to meet all business requirements.
• Identifies and enhances policies and procedures for the virtualized Windows and Linux environments.
• Performs technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure organization.
• Leads the design and implementation of account management processes using multiplatform servers, virtual hosts, SAS Applications, network, back office, and lines of business, including SAAS applications.
Performs troubleshooting expertise on systems.
• Leads problem-solving and troubleshooting efforts that may involve vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Provides escalated support for large enterprise network to include multiplatform servers, virtual hosts, SAS Applications, network, back office, and lines of business, including SAAS applications.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues related to ICW systems.
Leads Engineering efforts.
• Provides mentoring to new team members and trains current team members on new processes.
• Facilitates problem solving by pro-actively escalating issues to management.
• Participates in the interview and selection process for new systems engineering team members.
• Partners with business and other IT teams to implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities but may mentor or guide other system engineers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university: Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree, preferred. Minimum 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Linux, AWS, ITIL certification preferred. Demonstrated professional growth and formalized knowledge attainment history.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proven experience managing Windows and Linux environments. Experience in administration and performance tuning of application stacks (F5, NGINX, MuleSoft). Cloud experience, preferably in AWS. Experience with Monitoring (SolarWinds). Experience with virtualization and containerization (VMWare, Nutanix, Docker, Kubernetes). Demonstrated scripting and automation history (Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Shell). Must be a strong logical and analytical thinker with attention to detail. Solid working knowledge to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions. Ability to anticipate and mitigate risks. Ability to work comfortably under high-stress situations and exhibits poise and focus. Strong understanding of relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers. Possesses an understanding of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot systems, and continuously optimizes system performance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Ability to work overtime and on nights and weekends, as needed.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: none.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.