Insurance State Product Manager
Branch insurance brings high quality home and car insurance to its members, delightfully, instantly and efficiently. Branch is on a mission to reduce the cost of insurance, enabling more to be insured doing so through distribution, product, and business model innovation using the power of community! Branch was founded on a simple belief: insurance has lost its way.
What was supposed to be a simple way for neighbors to band together to protect each other from financial disaster has turned into a battle of mega-corps, imposing high costs, complicated policies, and pain-in-the-neck claims processes.
We’re not here to reimagine insurance. We’re here to restore insurance back to its original intent—a force for communal good.
As we like to say around here: we’re getting back to getting each other’s back.
About the Insurance State Product Manager
We are building our product development team. That means, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, get-it-done, team-driven Insurance State Product Manager to help us grow and grow with us.
- Has interest in owning the product, pricing and underwriting development and maintenance for personal lines auto and homeowners insurance
- Has in-depth knowledge of product and pricing development and state regulatory environment
- Has strong project management/juggling skills
- Enjoys managing projects and people through empathy and influence
The role will be primarily focused on the development of pricing, product and underwriting for multiple states and lines of business. But since Branch is a startup, the person who ultimately fills this role will wear many hats and will need to roll up their sleeves and be able to be strategic while performing hands-on tasks at the same time. Ultimately, this is an opportunity to play a huge role in the booming Insurtech industry, helping grow a business from day one.
What you will do:
- Lead Product Management for multiple states and multiline lines of personal lines insurance
- Set direction, and execute on the direction in developing pricing and product filings in the states and lines of business
- Take ownership for managing the top and bottom line results in these states
- Resident expert on the product lines
- Work to determine priorities and work closely with developers and designers to determine feasibility and best ways to implement desired features, efficiently and in alignment with business objectives
- Track and analyze key business metrics
- Keep abreast of the best practices in product management
- You have 5+ years of Personal Lines Product Management experience
- Ideally you are familiar with the pricing techniques and regulatory requirements for personal lines
- You are able to pull data as well as analyze the data
- You function well in ambiguity and don’t need to be told what to do all the time
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
You will also be eligible for Branch’s growing benefits program which currently includes:
- Health insurance, a plan fully paid for by Branch on behalf of its employees,
- A $150/mo contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA), administered by Branch,
- A $100/mo commuter and parking expense reimbursement,
- Managing your own time off (no paid time off program, allocation or fixed days off), and
- Immediate participation in Branch’s 401K with profit sharing potential.
At Branch we are deeply committed to community. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.