Claims Adjuster - Complex
3 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
When was the last time you had FUN at work? Because now is the time to join Frontline's Complex Claims team. We take pride in what we do, and we have FUN. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to see what Frontline Insurance is all about and how you can enjoy coming to work. Hope you like the color GREEN!
Frontline Insurance provides reliable and exceptional service to coastal homeowners in the Southeast United States, particularly Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more than a decade, throughout active and slow hurricane seasons, we’ve stood strong to protect our clients and their homes.
Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
The Complex Claims Adjuster will adjust losses involving multifaceted elements of assigned claims. The ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, based on customer and business needs, as well as in response to catastrophic weather, is required. A competitive candidate will have a high level of technical competence, attend training, assist management with other duties and work collaboratively with co-workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Verify facts of loss and pertinent information to analyze and confirm coverage
- Handle the adjusting of the entire claim, including collecting and reviewing all loss related facts, performing an analysis under the terms of the insurance policy to make coverage recommendation and issue payments within applicable authority level.
- Contact insured(s) to schedule inspection of damaged property in a timely manner.
- Keep insured(s) informed on all steps of the claim investigation and progress to resolution.
- Determine the method and extent of investigation for each claim. Make assignment to outside experts or investigators when appropriate.
- Review and analyze all investigative and claim material to determine the facts of the loss, in a timely manner.
- Document all claim actions, inclusive of coverage and damage investigations, contacts, phone calls, emails and correspondences in the claim file.
- Check e-mails and messages daily. Respond to all calls, emails and questions in a timely manner.
- Establish ultimate reserves (anticipated cost to bring file to closure based on known facts) as soon as practical and monitor to adjust at the time of any exposure changing event.
- Explain and appropriately respond to insureds, public adjusters, attorneys, contractors and any additional involved parties to obtain needed information, complete a timely investigation, relay status updates, explain settlements and/or ultimate claim disposition.
- Timely submit reserve and payment approval requests, as appropriate.
- Identify claims requiring a Reservation of Rights or denial, draft appropriate coverage correspondence and refer for management approval.
- Identify claims best suited to be resolved through DFS Mediation and/or appraisal and timely demand appropriate ADR option.
- Attend mediations, as assigned, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate claim resolution negotiations.
- Apply advanced negotiation skills to effectuate direct resolution of disputed claims with insureds or their legal representative.
- Coordinate appraisal process, maintaining communication necessary to ensure appraisal process is timely moving forward toward binding award.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective oral, written, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work effectively under stress.
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship with insured’s, PA’s, opposing counsel, defense counsel, vendors and contractors to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
- Maintain Florida 520 License. Obtain Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia, if applicant does not currently possess same.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and/or training in P & C Insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to regularly use computer and certain software programs. Strong computer and data entry skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A four-year college degree is preferred along with prior insurance experience with an insurance carrier or agency. Minimum 5 years’ experience and/or training in P & C Insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Complex
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly