Claims Manager - Daily
4 days left
- Career Level
When was the last time you had FUN at work? Because now is the time to join Frontline's Claims team. We take pride in what we do, and we have FUN. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to see what Frontline Insurance is all about and how you can enjoy coming to work. Hope you like the color GREEN!
Frontline Insurance provides reliable and exceptional service to coastal homeowners in the Southeast United States, particularly Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more than a decade, throughout active and slow hurricane seasons, we’ve stood strong to protect our clients and their homes.
Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
The Claims Manager independently administers claims for homeowner’s property losses or damages in accordance with issued insurance policies. Maintains authority for payment or settlement of losses. Supervises adjusters and additional staff that serve the claims department. The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years of experience in property claims, with a minimum of five years management experience.
This is an in-office position, located in our Lake Mary office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews detail of claims under policies for first-party property losses to determine insurance coverage, effective dates, and applicable policy limits and exclusions.
- Reviews and assigns claims to the appropriate adjuster as determined by the details of the claim as reported at first notice of loss. Identifies and resolves coverage issues with assigned adjuster. Elevates to Director as applicable.
- Directs and controls the establishment of appropriate claim reserves to ensure that future claim costs are accurately assessed, and the company can determine its financial position.
- Directs and manages desk adjusters’ activities. Reviews examiners reports for accuracy and determines details of loss and coverage.
- Reviews and estimates costs of repair, replacement or compensation. Sets reserves in accordance with standard guidelines. Compares loss to policy coverage and refers claims to the director of claims if loss exceeds managers authority levels.
- Requests additional authority level from the director of claims on a per file basis as required to fairly settle the claim if over the manager’s authority.
- Directs and manages desk adjusters to appropriately utilize virtual technologies to investigate, document and resolve losses, including at first notice of loss when appropriate.
- Interfaces with company clients, carrier, adjusters, or covered parties. Communicates with agents regarding status of claim.
- Prepares for resolution of claim. Calculates settlement or payment and communicates with client, adjuster and customer. Authorizes payment or settlement of claims within provided guidelines or seeks authority from the carrier. Reviews and assists with composing reservation of rights letters, settlement explanation letters, denial letters, or partial denial letters, as applicable.
- Resolves disputes regarding claims resolution. May reopen and re-evaluate claim, if necessary.
- Participates in litigation when applicable.
- Monitors performance, reviews open and closed claims to ensure claims have been properly handled and moved towards resolution in a timely manner.
- Acts as an expert resource to others in the claims department regarding coverage issues, reserves, exposure, settlement value, and strategy.
- Responsible for assisting with staffing of the claims department with qualified employees.
- Conducts performance reviews and administers disciplinary measures, when required.
- Provides training to and development of adjusters
- Submits monthly management reports and prepares special reports when requested.
- Participates in special projects or tasks as required.
- Responds to inquiries from various state entities
- Responds to inquiries to other departments with reaction to claim handling, processing and coverage issues.
- Assists in the conducting of audits of vendors, primary/independent adjusters.
- Available in an emergency 24/7 or extended hours as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree and/or equivalent insurance designations
- At least 10 years of experience adjusting property claims and five years first-party property claim management experience.
- Florida 520/620 license is required. Acquisition of state licenses in all states where Frontline conducts business
- Insurance designation preferred but not required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret policies, correspondence and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports as well as business and technical correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient with programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and other programs used by the company such as AS 400, Guidewire, Xactimate and Xactanalysis.
- Mathematical Skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Comfortable working independently with a high degree of proficiency and self-motivation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Apply for Claims Manager - Daily
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly