3 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Receives loss notices by phone or fax and forwards to the appropriate adjuster or supervisor. May enter claims into the claims system and supply pertinent information to claims adjusters. May be responsible for creating and printing checks, setting up files and maintaining various logs and activity journals. May be dedicated to service specific accounts or provide assistance to a technical position such as the claim manager, supervisor or account manager. May involve data entry, word processing, filing and check writing, and ISO indexing.
- Processing incoming and outgoing physical and electronic mail
- Receive loss notices via fax or telephone
- Set up claims Up loads FROI to docuclass and forward to adjusters
- Maintain appropriate registers including refunds/recoveries and check logs
- Complete data entry, check issuance and vouchers, ISO indexing
- Maintain policy status information, required logs, and monthly reports
- General clerical duties – i.e. providing support to adjusters by sending faxes, letters, wage statements, contact cards, filing, etc.
- May include other assigned duties
- Paying bills
- Forwarding medical reports
- Calling to schedule appointments, setting diagnostic tests and therapy
- Calling to direct billing to our bill review provider
- Any support function outlined
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of ASC’s organizational structure
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- General knowledge of claims and ability to identify claims of urgent priority
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to use standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned task.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
Prefer to have 1-3 years experience in claims office or equivalent business experience. Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Technology knowledge a plus.
Apply for Claim Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly