Premium Audit Supervisor
4 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Premium Audit Supervisor
Buffalo, New York
Merchants Insurance Group, is a leading Property and Casualty Insurer in the Northeast, and is looking for a Premium Audit Supervisor for our Corporate Premium Audit team located in Buffalo, New York. Merchants Insurance Group is proud to be named a “Fast Track” company for the 2nd year in a row by Buffalo’s Business First.
The safety of our colleagues, both current and future, is Merchants Insurance Group’s highest priority. At this time, most of our colleagues are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The candidate selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area until such time as it is determined that all colleagues will return to the office.
The Premium Audit Supervisor will become part of a dedicated premium audit team focusing on supervision and mentoring of premium auditors and the management of Merchants assigned vendors. This position interacts extensively with internal colleagues, company management, outside Agent personnel, Audit Vendors, State Regulatory Agencies, Rating Boards and insureds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides daily oversight of the premium audit function through direct supervision of the premium audit unit and task supervision of the regional premium auditors.
- Responsible for management of vendor relations including negotiation of fees and control of payments.
- Responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures and controls for the premium audit function to obtain the correct premium for the actual exposure in compliance with the companies’ filed rules and all applicable statutes and regulations.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified candidates will have a 4 year degree or equivalent work related experience.
- A minimum of 4 years commercial underwriting or premium audit experience as a field auditor is required.
- Prior Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Property and Casualty insurance related coursework is desired i.e. APA, CPCU or other insurance designations desired.
- Strong knowledge of the premium audit process and regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Microsoft Office knowledge as well as the ability to work with internal company systems (WINS, ImageRight etc.).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Merchants Insurance Group Benefits:
- Welcoming and positive work environment
- Flexible work arrangements, including flex scheduling and summer hours
- Competitive pay scale
- Generous paid time off package
- Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(k) employer match amount is 100% up to 6% of your annual contributions. You are immediately 100% vested in the employer match dollars.
- Two outstanding company bonus programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
And many more exciting company benefits!! EOE