Adjuster - Workers Comp Medical Only
Temp to Perm Medical Only Work Comp Adjuster
40 hour work week & benefits when Perm
Must reside IN Fort Lauderdale, FL area
Responsible for the administration of workers’ compensation Medical Only claims to determine benefits due; and to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within FLDFS standards and industry best practices; admin support functions to assist the team including assistance with payroll entry, form completion, phone calls.
Primary/Essential Duties and Functions:
- Assist with claims-handling duties, including completion of 13-week Wage Statements.
- Assist in the bi-weekly payroll process; including entries to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist with forms (A-93) related to employees’ return to work and light duty to send to internal departmental command.
- Assist with follow up phone calls with personnel information to adjusters, managers, etc.
- Assist with coordinating the medical care for employees with the TPA.
- Assist in maintaining electronic and physical filing system.
- Document and communicate all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Assist Workers’ Compensation Analyst as directed; perform support functions as designated by supervisor.
- Communicate directly with injured workers and medical providers to obtain information to complete assignments.
- Analyze work content to determine the most efficient means of completing and expediting the assignment.
- Show initiative by developing an understanding of the claims process, making decisions within the scope of the position.
- Maintain current knowledge of law and statute, maintain CEUs and license in current status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies - Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
**Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required. Good typing skills. **Familiarity with “paperless” work environment helpful. **Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced position ensuring all policies and procedures are managed to expected timeframes.
- 1-2 years of Medical Only claims handling experience in Florida workers’ compensation law.
- 1-2 years of office experience.
- Active Adjuster license for Florida (5-24, 5-20 or 6-20).
TRAINING WILL BE IN OFFICE FOLLOWING COVID PROTOCOL AND REMOTE WORK AFTER UNTIL IN OFFICE WORK IS SAFE
MUST RESIDE IN THE FT LAUDERDALE, FL AREA
COMPANY BENEFITS AVAILABLE AFTER GOING PERM