Underwriter - Commercial Property & Casualty
We are a Property & Casualty Managing General Agency writing 100+ million in annual premium seeking a Commercial P& C Underwriter.
· Review new business applications to confirm that the information provided is appropriate to determine what underwriting actions are required to write the risk and when exceptions or opportunities for additional coverages exist.
· Appropriately determines opportunities to operate outside of standard carrier and/or agency criteria and coordinates negotiations to resolve.
· Negotiating coverage terms and premiums. Recommend acceptance or declination of risks based on the evaluation of application data and information gathered.
· Develop relationships with agents and brokers in order to secure a steady flow of submissions.
· Assist agents and brokers with renewals by providing recommendations based upon a risk evaluation.
· Develop rapport with company underwriters.
· Become instrumental within the department in meeting monthly production goals.
· Train agents on products, underwriting appetite and submission requirements
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required.
· Minimum of 3 years Commercial Underwriting experience in Company, MGA or Agency environment. E&S experience is beneficial.
· Self-directed, energetic and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Aptitude for critical thinking and problem resolution.
· High level of computer proficiency.
· Friendly, upbeat personality with strong written and oral communication skills.
· Inherent desire to embrace change and pursue continuous improvement.
· Team player with collaborative attitude.
SOUTH & WESTERN GENERAL AGENCY, INC. has been in business since 1974 and is one of the Premier Managing General Agency in the mid-south and southwest. We offer employees a pleasant work environment that challenges those who are seeking further career advancement. Our business segments consist of Specialty Personal Lines,
Farm & Ranch, and Specialty Commercial P&C and Commercial Transportation and are only distributed through retail independent agents.
We offer a competitive base salary in addition to a performance based bonus plan. Our benefits package is outstanding and includes: medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401k.